realestateworld.com.au is a registered trademark of Estate Agents Co-operative Ltd (ABN 52 079 055 637) and is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information is important to EAC
- EAC is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, EAC will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Collecting Personal Information
- EAC will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
- When you register a user account on this website and/or an item is purchased through this website, personal information may be requested (such as name, phone, email and address) in order to administer your account, transactions and to provide you with product information, marketing materials, provide newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), provide new release/ launch information, and advise of other EAC products, competitions or events, which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in EAC being unable to register your user account, process your purchase or provide you with the information and materials referred to above.
- As with many commercial websites, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our website. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where the website is accessed via links in an email we have sent.
Passive Information Collection
- This website may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information to provide better service to site visitors, customise the site based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve the site for your use. Such information is not combined with personally identifiable information collected elsewhere on the site unless you have consented.
- "Session" cookies are temporary bits of information that are used to improve navigation, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (the website "remembers" previous entries of age or country of origin that were outside the specified parameters and blocks subsequent changes), and collect aggregate statistical information on the website. They are erased once you exit your Web browser or otherwise turn off your computer.
- "Persistent" cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as passwords), helping to determine what areas of the website visitors find most valuable, and customizing the Web site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by this website on your computer may hold personally identifiable information, but only if you have registered or have otherwise consented to the retention of personally identifiable information you have provided at the site. Otherwise, our website's server only knows that an unidentified visitor with your cookie has returned to the website.
- You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for "cookie" in the "Help" portion of your browser.
- A site may use Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user's computer). The IP address can be used to diagnose problems with a server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to a site, and administer and improve the site.
- "Internet tags" (also known as single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, and 1-by-1 GIFs) are smaller than cookies and tell the Web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Tags may be placed both on online advertisements that bring people to the site and on different pages of the site. Such tags indicate how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
- "Navigational data" (log files, server logs, and clickstream data) are used for system management, to improve the content of the site, market research purposes, and to communicate information to visitors.
Using and disclosing your personal information
Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purpose:
- For the purposes for which it was collected (as advised on the realestateworld.com.au website).
- To maintain our relationship with an individual.
- To fulfil obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between the individual and EAC.
- To render services related to EAC business such as after sales services and enquiries.
- To provide information about products, to provide marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To provide information about: properties for sale/auction (including residential, land, rural, commercial, retail, business, recently listed, development sites and virtual tour functionalities); properties for rent/lease (including residential, holiday and commercial property functionalities); properties open for inspection; forthcoming auctions; recent sales; properties of the week; neighbourhood reports; real estate related news; real estate related resources and fact sheets; and industry body information and links, via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services.
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis.
- For the purpose described above, information may be shared with EAC group companies either in Australia or overseas or EAC's promotional partners. Also, in order to operate the web site or deliver a service, personal information may also be shared with a service provider or other non-EAC company or professional.
- EAC recognises the trust with which individuals provide personal information, and such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law or is necessary to protect the rights or property of EAC, any EAC group company, or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety.
Contact by EAC
- EAC may contact individuals via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact individuals in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
- EAC does not send advertising or marketing information without obtaining prior consent. If an individual receives communications from EAC which they do not wish to receive, they may remove their name from the database either by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility (if the communication is via commercial electronic message) or by contacting EAC. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
Individual's right of access
- Individuals have the right to review the information that may be recorded on the EAC database. Information may be reviewed by contacting EAC. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
- Information contained on the database may be amended by contacting the Privacy Officer at 2A/175 James Ruse Drive, Rosehill NSW Australia 2142 or the Contact Us page. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in EAC being unable to provide you with upcoming promotion, competition, event or product information and/or provide certain goods or services including after sales services.
Storage and security of personal information
- EAC will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
- In some cases these facilities may be overseas. EAC employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by EAC. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. EAC will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
realestateworld.com.au and links to other web sites
- The realestateworld.com.au website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. EAC is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the realestateworld.com.au web site.
Problems or queries